I dedicate this blog to all of you, GSE people. Since the beginning of last semester, I have been thinking about my campus life. Therefore, I came up with the idea of writing a post on the theme that is close to us, campus life.
Studying and living in a campus is an incredible experience; this tendency is probably one of the best inventions of human beings. In fact, many people assume that the tendency of campus derived from US; however, it was used during the medieval period in European universities. At campus where we spend our studentship. This temporary moment of our lives will probably be influential. Here are the things I collected about campus life at NU.
- The dormitory is our home for a period of our study. NU provides us with a dormitory to live in, which is free of charge. It is an enormous gift; nearly hotel level conditions of dormitories can only amaze. We need to treat it as our temporary home, respect and be thankful for these opportunities.
- You are an independent individual. Living far away from family makes you become more aware of the responsibilities you have. Life is not the same; you cannot rely to your parents any more to fix things for you. Things are now lie on your shoulders. When you realize the beauty of having a complete control on yourself – you become independent.
- Manage your time. Time passes so quickly at NU, that you cannot escape learning how to manage your time. It is the most significant thing I learned here. Before coming to NU, I could have a messy time management and put all the duties until last minute. There is an enormous amount of information, and if you are not capable of managing your time, you are in trouble. The trouble of sleepless nights, a dizzy head, a feeling of weakness, and rushing for everything.
- Library is your friend. It is not that I try to look like a nerd, but this is how it goes. You see many students from different schools in the library. It is an everyday reality of NU studentship. When you walk into library, all you see concentrated people who are “all in themselves and their studies” that makes you concentrate too.
- Diversify communication. All of us know that people cannot live without society. At NU, it is hugely important as you get to become closer to people. By facing each other almost every day; we study, live next to, and spend leisure time together. By the way, do you remember what was told on the first day? It is not only a place to get best education, but also a place to make friends, friends for life.
- Embrace positive attitude. When you set yourself a shiny mood, everything goes shiny. I believe this is the way to go. We are not undergraduate students – we are graduate students who have much deeper work to do. At that moment, words from one of my favorite movies suit right: “No one said it would be easy”. If we embrace it as a crashing thing, we will fall down.
There are more things than I listed here, but I decided to list these ones. Do you agree with me? Do you have something to add?